Knauf Insulation Jet Stream ULTRA is installed in open attics of both new and existing structures and/or in closed cavity applications with the BIBS system (Blow-in-Blanket System) where ventilation is not required. Jet Stream ULTRA – when used in closed cavity applications – is BIBS approved and can only be installed by BIBS certified installers to ensure the highest quality installed performance. Loose fill blowing insulation is intended for use where pneumatically installed insulation is most cost-effective.
Features and Benefits
Excellent Thermal Performance
- Fills gaps and voids, creating a thermal barrier against outside air and optimal temperature control.
- Resists the flow of heat with an R-value of:
- R-15 in 2 x 4 construction
- R-23 in 2 x 6 construction
- Reduces fuel usage and utility bills for heating and air conditioning.
- Each bag contains the equiivalent of over 30 recycled bottles, with a minimum of 61.9% post consumer recycled glass content.
- Improves Sound Transmission Class (STC) ratings by 4 to 10 points.
- Blows fast and smooth.
- Non-combustible, non-corrosive.
- Will not rot, mildew or deteriorate.
Jet Stream ULTRA Blowing Insulation provides you a choice of R-values based on the installed thickness and installed weight per square foot. The tables below show the minimum requirements for obtaining the desired R-value.
The stated thermal resistance (R-value) is provided by installing in accordance with the manufacturer‘s instructions. The required number of bags per 1,000 sq. ft. of net area, at not less than the labeled minimum thickness. Failure to install both the required number of bags and at least the minimum thickness will result in lower insulation R-values.
Field blending of this product with other loose fill insulation or application of this product in conjunction with adhesive or binder systems may affect its thermal performance and is not recommended by the manufacturer.